Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I am a C

I don't understand why people think that Lutherans (or another denomination) aren't Christians. I had a conversation with someone just the other day who didn't know what a Lutheran is and then informed me that her mom is Catholic, and she was a Christian. I can excuse her; it was clear she wasn't very aware of denominational differences. It fries me, on the other hand, when I find people who should know better saying things like this: "I'm first a Christian, then I'm a [pick your denom]."
Sorry, but that's like saying, "First I'm an American, then I'm a Texan." Being a Texan makes you American by default (not that Texans would admit that--maybe using them is a bad analogy). Just like being Lutheran makes you a Christian by default. Let's be proud of who we are, people. Dare to be what you confess to be, and if you don't know what that is, please find out what you belive and confess.

2 comments:

Cha said...

"Let's be proud of who we are, people."

I might suggest that we be humbled by who we are...

Orianna Laun said...

Sounds like Aslan in Prince Caspian when Prince Caspian learns from whom he is descended.