Monday, April 11, 2011

How About 1 Reason Not To?

Call me an old-fashioned prude, but what is this? It used to be "should I kiss him on the first date?" Now we're given reasons to copulate on the first date (pardon me for being so crude). Apparently Mr. Quindar hasn't come up against Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, who--I'm quite certain--can come up with a good reason opposing each of his "good" reasons. By that I mean she can come up with a logical, intelligent argument as to why this is a bad idea. I default to her because she's the expert and has a better way of explaining it than my round-about method. (No, I didn't do well in geometry because I hated proofs; not to mention that my writing professors always railed on me for not being able to support my statements with proof.)
Anyway, if anyone questions the oversexualisation (is that a word?) of our society, here it is, when we have to justify ourselves this way.
My response is this: 1) save it for marriage--that's how it works; and 2) check out this for a good reason.

1 comment:

http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com/ said...

I applaud your intelligent way of thinking on this subject. Now, for some 'farmer talk'--When I think of unrestrained immoral behavior among humans, I am only reminded of our Holstein heifers when they are in heat-- ANY interested bullie is good enough, and it's all about 'right now'! (But, unlike unrestrained humans, our cattle are only "interested" every 21 days!)
No matter how many people promote loose and impulsive immoral behavior, it doesn't become right. Not even a little! If my kind of thinking makes me an old-fashioned fuddy duddy, I'm okay with that.