Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Around the World and Back Again--No, Just back again.

So here I am, back from a MAJOR hiatus.  Life got in the way of blogging, but now, as we speak, the whole world seems to have been sent to our rooms because somebody coughed.  
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the need to quarantine.  It's just that if we don't laugh, we'll go crazy.
I have come back with a new outlook--no, not really--but have decided to blog in another direction.  More thoughtful and insightful.  Okay, not so much. 
One topic I have decided to cover insightfully is something near and dear to my heart.  Music.
So today, I am introducing Misunderheard Lyrics.
I shall begin with my earliest memory of a misunderstood lyric.
I remember singing the Star Spangled Banner with gusto as a child.  There was just one thing about it that confused me:  What the heck kind of light is donzerly?
Apparently I was thinking of Donner and Blitzen or something, but I definitely did not hear the words as "dawn's early".  
To this day, I have to mentally correct myself while singing the song and remember there is no donzerly light; just early morning.

So, there you have it: Lyric number one.
Tune (see what I did there?) in for more crazy lyrics and other profound thoughts.

No comments: