Friday, February 12, 2021

Not Misunderheard: More Like a PSA

        I admit it: I like Hallmark movies.  Judge me if you will.  One movie I watched recently featured a song which seemed familiar, so I looked up the song to find out more about it.

    The song is called "Hearts Breakdown" by My Silent Bravery.  I did have a bit of a misunderhearing with this one, but a simple confusion.  There is no space between break and down.  This makes a bit of a difference, actually.  When hearts break down, that is an action: a hearts breakdown is a thing.

    So, what does this song mean?  Well, that's a good question.  The best poetry is esoteric at best, and that's what song lyrics are--poetry.  In this case, your experience with love will color your understanding of the words; therefore, I will not try to interpret it with a definitive meaning.  You'll just have to hear it for yourself.

    In short my public service announcement is this: "Hearts Breakdown" by My Silent Bravery is a great song.  Listen to it here.  Find out about the artist here.   Enjoy!

No comments: