Thursday, July 17, 2008

Worship Space

I have a feeling it's not a good thing (sorry, Mrs. Mills) when one walks into the church office and finds the secretary, business manager, and church musician huddled around one computer looking at website of another church and saying things such as, "Wow--Holy cow--Man, that's cool!"

I had that experience recently as the music director was talking about the church where her son-in-law was recently installed and explaining how the church and PreK-12 school's campus has 9 buildings, including one specifically for the contemporary worship service (the building is called Studio 6). I can understand needing many buildings for a PreK-12 school, but a separate building for the contemporary worship service? Bah, humbug.

Most vexing of the whole conversation? They were impressed and thought that the aforementioned Studio 6 must be really cool. I merely smiled and nodded and left before I said something I shouldn't have. Sometimes it is the best option.

No comments: