Friday, June 13, 2008

LHM Mission

I am confused. Could anyone clarify how Lutheran Hour Ministries is doing a "Work and witness" project with the California-Nevada-Hawaii District of the LC-MS and have two members of their team be ELCA? One an ELCA pastor, no less.
I don't have a problem with mission work [humanitarian] trips that are pan-Lutheran. I am wondering about the witness part. How does that work? Lutheran is not Lutheran is not Lutheran. If we were all the same there would not be the different Lutheran synods; therefore, we must have diverging areas in our beliefs.
All I wish to do in this post is pose questions. If anyone can supply some answers, I'd appreciate it. I'm apprehensive about the answers which may come up. Maybe there's a simple explanation for it, and I'm over-analyzing it. Then again, maybe not.

No comments: