Monday, June 30, 2008

The Returning

Issues, Etc. is officially back! I admit that I am listening online right now. I am glad the show is back. I am glad "Christ-centered, cross-focused talk radio" has returned to the mass-communication devices. I am still concerned.

It is no secret that this whole debacle has been, well, just that--a debacle. It is no secret that the removal of Issues, Etc. from KFUO has galvanized the whole LCMS. Okay, it has galvanized the people paying attention. Blogs, websites, protests, the whole shebang. It makes me concerned. Unified in our Disunity is being touted as our banner. We are ostracizing ourselves. It makes me think of the "Divided We Fail" campaign put out by the AARP with the hybrid donkey/elephant animal.

I don't know what to do with it (not the weird AARP animal). There are those who teach the LCMS should be bold, exciting, and new; bowing to the desires of the mainstream American Christianity, whatever that may be. There are those who teach that we should do it the way we've always done it, whatever that may be, and end up being old and tired and everyone else is evil. There are those who teach we should be faithful to the Word of God (a novel idea), and we should teach people what that means. Yet here we are, squabbling over right and left and finances and shutting people down, while a world is still dying and the harvest is still white and in the field.

I guess there are two things to say: Lord, have mercy; Come, Lord Jesus.

No comments: